AWeber is an autoresponder and the autoresponder of choice for many marketers I know. I use it personally and I see the majority of marketers using either AWeber or GetResponse so this review will focus on those 2 autoresponders.
The advantages and disadvantages of AWeber and GetResponse:
GetResponse- They have a feature you canuse to build your list automatically using the co-registration feature, whic his a paid for item. You actually get to write the ad blurb that people see when deciding whether or not to opt in to your newsletter.
The good part about this is you can make your ad in such a way as to only get the most motivated subscriber by targetting your audience with a very specific opt in ad. The bad thing about this is tha tit will take too long to see big numbers this way. The down side to trying to get more subscribers with GetResponse’s co-registration method/feature is that the potential subscribers are seeing your ad at the same time they’re opting in to other email newselttters and may forget why the joined yours.
So its best to be more targetted in your ads when you’re paying for each subscriber. Think of it as a real easy way to do PPC marketing, since it’s pretty similar in that you’re paying for subscribers either way, but with GetResponse co-registration, you only pay fo rthose who took action (subscribed to your newsletter).
OK, so why all this talk about GetResponse when this is an AWeber Review?
Well, #1.. I want you to know that I’ve tried GetResponse and AWeber and although GetResponse’s deliverability rates are the same, their co-registration feature is really the only reason I tried them and I wasn’t really that happy with my experience and responsiveness with the 600 or so subscribers I purchased.
As a matter of fact, one time I emailed that GetResponse co-registration list about a set-it-and-forget-it marketing method and that’s the only list that had a subscriber email me back saying,
“hey Pal, you can set it and stick it up your A**!”, lol!
Funny story there, but the point is that the list obtained wasn’t that great.
AWeber- So I went with AWeber because they have the same deliverability rate, plus so much more…
Tracking analysis features with AWeber are far superior to any other autoresponder that have the same features (but far more expensive).
Plus, if you’re just starting out with your email newsletter, AWeber can pro-rate your fees according to how many subscribers you have. This means you pay less at first, and more as you grow your list. This is a rather cost-effective and money-conscious effort on their end, in my opinion.
You can track your open rates, plus as mentioned before, their anlaytics and tracking features allow you to see exactly who is opening your emails and have special features that allow you to reach those subscribers who haven’t opened any of your emails in a while, for whatever reason.
Aweber Major Features:
- Unlimited autoresponders.
- Unlimited personalized follow up messages.
- Unlimited message length, unlimited changes, and full integrated HTML creator and/or plain text message capability.
- Unlimited campaigns.
- Templates pre-designed HTML to allow larger fonts, bold, colors, and images. Fully customizable.
- Unlimited personalized broadcast newsletters and segmented broadcast capability.
- Easy web form generator allows easy addition of opt-in forms to your website, pop-ups, pop-overs, hover pops, and exit pops along with split testing of different forms.
- Name, date, geographical, 25 custom fields, and more personalization features.
- Graphical account statistics and reporting with automatic emailing of reports.
- Automatic undeliverable email handling.
- Automated ad tracking features.
- Complete 24/7 control over your own account, via an online control panel.
- Integrated CAN-SPAM compliance checks with SPF & Sender ID email authentication included.
- FREE unlimited customer support.
What Do Users Say?
AWeber provides easy-to-use sophisticated auto-responder and e-mail management services at extraordinarily low prices. I have been a satisfied user of AWeber services for almost a decade…
I like all of AWeber! This site ROCKS! It has everything I need to get sign ups and build my lists, and has it the way I need it–simple, easy, and FUNCTIONAL.